Welcome to Silver State AP* Summer Institute.
We would be honored if you would join us June 24-27, 2013 in Las Vegas for our eighth summer institute.
The 2013 institute will be held at Green Valley High School in Henderson, Nevada, a modern, air-conditioned campus only minutes from McCarran International Airport and the fabulous Las Vegas Strip.
SSAPSI is one of the premier AP* Summer Institutes in the nation. Here's what people are saying about us:
- Phenomenal presenters! I learned more the past 4 days than I have in all of my years of teaching when it comes to professional development.
- This was the best AP* conference I've been to. Our instructor added to my understanding of my new course without causing panic about how much to do.
- I have done many AP* seminars—nationally and internationally—and you are the best.
- I am counting the days until I can come back.
- Best AP* presenter I’ve ever had in 40 years. I will use everything!
- The on-site event staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and the overall event was very organized—best I’ve been to.
Sources of funds for AP* Summer Institutes:
The College Board* AP* Fellows program is an annual competitive grant program that provides scholarships for secondary school teachers planning to teach AP* courses in schools that serve minority and/or low income students who have been traditionally under represented in AP* courses. The scholarships assist teachers with the cost of attending an AP* Summer Institute. more info
Siemens Awards for Advanced Placement
The Siemens Awards for Advanced Placement are awarded each year to students with the greatest number of scores of 5 on eight AP* math and science exams, as well as to teachers and schools based on student participation and performance in Advanced Placement math, science, and technology courses. more info
Access AP* Central
AP* Central is the official online home for any professional interested in or involved with the AP* Program or Pre-AP* strategies.more info
Other Sources of Funding
Check with your local and state educational agencies. Many have funding for AP*-related trainings through Title II, AP* Incentive Grants, GEAR UP, Upward Bound, the National Math and Science Initiative, and federal stimulus funds.